Monday, February 15, 2010

It Tastes Like Death But It Looks Like Fun



I remember he was bent down

Like a non-specific paintbrush

I was yelling at him

He looked scared and backed away

Another time, I squinted my eyes to see

And he said I looked ugly

The funny part was when

My sister asked me where he went to

And I just didn’t know

He just disappeared one day into nothing

I am rotting and rancid

Each day, rotting, but I am water, too

Like a wetted animal, with their insticts

I saw the man walking, hunched over

And thought it was him

I yelled after the man

Who was hunched, he was going somewhere

He turned but the face was green

It is a black life, but I don’t want to die

I don’t want to die, I don’t ever want to die

God damn you, don’t you shoot me in my sleep

Let me rot on this earth forever

Like a carrot I will be everything you can’t see

Oh, what do I mean

You try to see everything

I mean the half-gods and the emoh mermaids

I mean the flowers, don’t ever let them see me live forever

Don’t you ever let them see

That I am all root here in the ground

No comments: